Saturday, September 09, 2006

Azzurri, my love......

I was watching Carrie Underwood video music when a customer approach me which i tot at 1st she wanna pay.

Customer: Excuse me, do you got bathroom(restroom) here. I need to use bathroom. Thanks.

Me: Yeah sure. You can use the bathroom at the barber shop there (place where i'm working is same level with the barber shop)

and i show her where the bathroom. She still hesitated to go because she dont know that my place and the barber shop share the same restroom (you see the place where i work only use half of the place-the other half belong to the barber shop).

She ask the people in the barber shop

Customer: Can i use the bathroom here? The (pointing at me)...

I guess people at barber shop cant speak English (the customer actually a Caucasian with a kinda cute slang-British actually)

Me: Dia nak pakai tandas.

Oooo... they just nodded their head.

So she do her thing and me back to my job.

Few mins later she aproach me back (after she finish do whatever she need to do) i was still listening to Carrie with headphone ofcourse i wasnt realize she was at my back. She trying to call me few times before i realize she is there.

"I wanna pay" she said.

And i was like "oh ok. I'm sorry. I didnt realize you were there."

I went to the counter "emmm RM5.80 total."

She checking her purse-taking out 4 RM1 notes, looking for somemore notes.

" I only have RM4" she looking at me and trying to give RM50 notes.

"Sorry i dont have small changes" as I'm staring at the cash box. I know it not enough for her change.

"Oh.. i have an idea, why dont i check my coins. Let we see" she saids.

Taking a small transparent plastic from her bag, which is almost full of coins. Finally she manage to get two 50cent coins and four 20cent coins. Allright it enough.

Before she when back, i have a chat with her.She actually an Italian, studying in Britian before and now she is doing her Phd on what subject-i dont know, i didnt ask her. No wonder her English is so purfect. As i ask her bout her national football team which is lost to France 3-1. Oh no my Azuri, what has happen to you. But atleast the won the World Cup. We both sad with the lost,since I am an Italian supporter too! But well as she said "At least they wont World cup"

And i just replied back with a smile, watching her went to door before she vanished from my eyes. Yes indeed, atleast they won (World Cup).

I think i just like my job more and more.

1 comment:

Derek said...

Italia supporter? I haven't seen many ler ... so rare.

Or maybe I just don't know enough football fans. :P